[chirp_users] vx-6r redux

Nic Heath
Tue Jul 12 18:15:14 PDT 2022

All

So I believe I have discovered the issue. I used my other FTDI USB to
serial adapter which just has a simple pin header on it. I wired it up
using a spare diode and 10k resistor for a pull up for single wire comm and
it consistently works even in windows with the latest version of CHIRP.

I took apart the ttl2usb dot com device and took a look at what I had been
sold. It looks as though best I can tell is that I'm only getting 2.8V on
what I expect to be a 3.3.V pull up on both the TX and RX while in idle. So
something is definitely amiss with the ttl2usb dot com supposed Yaesu
interface. Must have been sheer luck getting it to work at all on my linux
machine.

Does anyone have a link to a canonical (way it should actually be done) to
turn serial into a one wire comm for the vx6-r a specific pull up
resistor/diode combination?

It's pretty annoying that this ttl2usb dot com device I bought ages ago
either broke with age (doubtful) was wrong the whole time and I just got
lucky the levels worked every once in a great while.

-Nic