[chirp_users] Windows 10 and 11 S Mode

Bill KA8VIT
Fri Jan 21 10:44:25 PST 2022

Doesn't answer your questions but, for what it's worth...

I set up Raspberry Pi 3B just use as a portable Chirp programming machine.

I use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and a small 6" TFT Screen.

No drivers and such to worry about.

Small and portable, (I take it club meetings and program folk's HT's for them).

Total investment was about $45.00.

73 - Bill KA8VIT / W8COD

> On 01/20/2022 9:54 PM Kelly McGuire <kellyelizabethmcguire at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I’m trying to help my boyfriend’s Dad pick out a laptop that he can install CHIRP on and needed to know whether the Microsoft Surface Laptops running Windows 10 and Windows 11 in S Mode were compatible. I read through everything I could. I’m tech savvy but know nothing about Ham Radios. I don’t want him to purchase a computer that he can’t download and run CHIRP on. Thank you!
>
> Kelly

Bill Chaikin, KA8VIT
Chief Radio Operator
WW2 Submarine USS COD SS-224 (NECO)