[chirp_users] Windows 10 and 11 S Mode

Dave KG6ZJO
Thu Jan 20 19:28:25 PST 2022

Not a windows expert, but from what I read the "S" mode is quickly & easily turned off. No problem.
In S mode, you can only install apps from the Microsoft App Store. So most people turn that off on the first day.
Then there may be an option to upgrade to Windows 11, and from what I hear, it's better not to do that at this time. So watch for that.

You're going to want a computer that has at least 1 normal USB A port, to plug the programming cable into. Kinda important for the mission. So be aware of that. Some new laptops only have USB C ports.
Other than that, Chirp is pretty light weight, doesn't need a lot of power to run it.

 Best,
 Dave Nathanson