[chirp_users] daily build won't run

Chuck OConnor
Tue Jan 18 09:58:17 PST 2022

No I didn't. It just stalled and finally said "unable to verify". Prior to these last two builds I would get a message from my protection software saying it might contain harmful info but I would bypass that and tell it to download and it always worked.

Please note: message attached

From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] daily build won't run
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 12:48:23 -0500

-------------- next part --------------
Hi Chuck,

> The last two daily builds won't execute as In get an error message
?unable to verify". I have never had this problem prior to these two
builds. I'm running windows 7 under 10. Any ideas?

When you upgraded CHIRP, you didn't make the mistake of executing the
installer while CHIRP was running, did you?

[image: CHIRP Install - 0.png]

If you click [ OK ] at the "A new version of CHIRP is available"
notification, you must at some point close CHIRP prior to launching the
installer or won't/can't be upgraded properly.

I usually choose [ Cancel ] and then close CHIRP. The I go to the CHIRP
website and get the latest build. I just that to upgrade my CHIRP
development computer (Windows 7 32-bit) and all is well here.