[chirp_users] bf-888s programming data protocol for arduino project

nw4gt at nw4gt.com
Mon Jan 17 22:57:19 PST 2022

Newbie here, so haven't found how to search topics yet.

I have a project where I have an arduino housed in an enclosure with a
baofeng bf-888s. I want to be able to leave the radio on channel one,
and program both pre-stored frequencies, as well as manually entered
frequencies.  The arduino is tied to the audio in and out of the
radio. I know enough about arduino coding to generate square wave
output and detect square wave input, vary frequency of the data
pulses, duty cycle, etc.

What I don't know is what is the protocol for sending a "code plug" to
the BF-888s.  Anyone know where to steer me?  Mr Google doesn't seem
to understand my question.