[chirp_users] Been trying to figure out how to program IC-7100 for almost a year now

Thomas Burns
Thu Feb 17 15:22:47 PST 2022

Martin,
When I connect to the radio, it downloads the memory one at a time. If I
click on anything in the frequencies column, say I try to type in 146.640,
it takes me to memory number 14 before I can type in the 6. I followed the
live mode instructions on the "wiki page", towards the bottom of the page,
amongst other things.

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022, 16:19 Thomas Burns <t.conor.burns81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Martin,
> Yes, I meant #8707
>
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2022, 14:41 Martin Cooper <mfncooper at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > I've followed the live mode radio "import/export" directions
>>
>> Which directions are you trying to follow?
>>
>> With a live mode radio, you can just edit a memory and it is immediately
>> written back to the radio. Does that work? If not, what kind of errors are
>> you seeing?
>>
>> > as well as the instructions outlined in Bug #7807
>>
>> That bug relates to a Baofeng UV-82. Presumably you meant a different
>> issue?
>>
>> Martin.
>> KD6YAM
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 9:59 AM Thomas Burns <t.conor.burns81 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> hi all,
>>>
>>> As I've mentioned above, Been trying to figure out how to program
>>> IC-7100 for almost a year now. I've followed the live mode radio
>>> "import/export" directions as well as the instructions outlined in Bug
>>> #7807. I cannot get the radio to accept any input or programming whatsoever.
>>>  I'm using the latest version and daily update on a raspberry pi 400.
>>>
>>> Is there anyone who can provide me with or direct me to a step by step
>>> guide for programming an Icom IC-7100? Thanks in advance,
>>>

>>> Conor
>>> KI7CRG