[chirp_users] CHIRP support for MacOS/Prolific

Gary Ross
Tue Feb 8 13:04:07 PST 2022

Hi,

Just received a Yaesu FT-65R and a genuine SCU-35 programing cable
(Prolific PL2303). I tried programming my radio with CHIRP4 on Monterey
12.1 on a 2020 MacBook Air, and CHIRP3 on Catalina 10.15 on a 2017 MacBook
Air and receive an error with both configurations.

Having received the error, I tried to install the Prolific driver found
here: http://www.prolific.com.tw/us/showproduct.aspx?p_id=229&pcid=41 I am
unclear if the driver was needed or installed correctly.

Does anyone have experience with later versions of MacOS/CHIRP/FT-65R?

Thanks,
Gary