[chirp_users] RepeaterBook query fails with 502 error

Dan Smith
Wed Dec 14 16:36:29 PST 2022

> when I click on Radio -> Query Source -> RepeaterBook, then I choose my state and county I get an error message "Got error code 502 from server"

RepeaterBook was down for an hour yesterday and several hours today, so I suspect they're having trouble. The 502 is the chirp proxy's response when repeaterbook itself returns a 50x error, meaning "I'm broken." It's actually getting "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" from repeaterbook itself, so I suspect it's related to the other outage(s) lately. I'd say give it a little more time to stabilize and then we can reach out to the repeaterbook owner.

--Dan