[chirp_users] Kenwood Image

K0LNY_Glenn
Tue Aug 9 09:34:02 PDT 2022

I read on-line that it has to be in PC mode.
I used an app on my iPhone called:
Be My Eyes
where a sighted person reads something with the phone's camera, for the
Blind person.
and I went into menu #9, and PC mode wasn't flashing, I think there was 3
choices, TNC, PC, or speaker Mic.
So I selected PC and I am still getting an error with the Kenwood software,
I installed that to make sure it was communicating with the radio, since
with Chirp, it will only download, but nothing downloads, just no errors in
Chirp.
Is PC mode the right option for the Kenwood TH-F6A?
Thanks.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Unroe" <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2022 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Kenwood Image

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 10:58 AM K0LNY_Glenn <glenn at ervin.email> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I looked on the Chirp repository for an image for my Kenwood TH-F6A
> and didn't find that model.
> Does anyone have a stock image you can send my way?
> My radio does not import, but it opens my CSV files, but those don't
> upload
> or save live to the radio.
> I don't know if another stock image will get absorbed into it either, but
> I'm just trying different things.
> Thanks.
>
> Glenn

The Kenwood TH-F6A is programmed in "live mode". There are no CHIRP
Radio Images (*.img) files associated with radios programmed using
"live mode".

Are you just using a plain old CSV file or are you using a known to be
CHIRP compatible CSV file? I dug out my Kenwood TH-F6a and was able to
Import channels from an old CHIRP CSV file from long ago and had no
issues. You can't just throw just any CSV at CHIRP and expect it to
work.