[chirp_users] IMG File Request

John La
Sun Aug 7 08:20:38 PDT 2022

 CHIRP is very specific.
Only use the file for a BTech UV-5X3 (see attached)
I also attached a copy of my image file for a BTech 5X3.

This should get you going.
Stay safe and healthy.
John  'Miklor'

K3NXU

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Jim Unroe
Sent: Sunday, August 7, 2022 7:38 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] IMG File Request

On Sat, Aug 6, 2022 at 10:39 PM K0LNY_Glenn <glenn at ervin.email> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a bTech UV5X3 and it seems all messed up, that is why I acquired
it.
> I can punch in simplex channels, but I cannot input duplex channels by
hand.
> Chirp will not read from the radio, and even though it is a tri-band, the
> band button only toggles between 2M and 70Cm.
> I was able to punch in a 1.5 M frequency and it worked on simplex.
> But no matter what I do, Chirp says error reading from radio.
> The cable works with the Baofengs I have.
> Since the radio isn't toggling to the third band, I'm wondering if someone
> flashed it with a UV5R image.
> I'm not sure if it would work to upload to the radio with the proper image
> if I can't download from it first.
> Anyway, if someone has a backed original image of a UV5X3, I would much
> appreciate a copy of it if you would.
> Glenn

Images for many of the radios supported by CHIRP are available in the
CHIRP repository.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/repository/show/tests/images

The image for the BTech UV-5X3 is an original image taken from a radio
while it was still in its factory state. Here is a direct link.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/repository/changes/tests/images/B
TECH_UV-5X3.img