[chirp_users] Virus warning

Nick
Tue Sep 21 06:39:32 PDT 2021

Take the warning with a grain of salt Kerry.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Kerry Whittle <t2ckerry at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: [chirp_users] Virus warning
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 13:45:02 -0500

For the second time I’ve gotten a warning from McAfee that there was a virus in the daily download, this time in chirp-daily-20210919-installer.exe. The first time I saw this behavior was with the 20210826 daily, before I was on the list to report it.

The reported virus is Real Protect-EC!16F97D3AFE24

Not sure if it’s real or a false positive but I figured I should let you know.  The file has been quarantined on my system.

Kerry de kk4jo