[chirp_users] Mac OS to DYT KT-8900D

Jim Unroe
Mon Sep 13 17:34:44 PDT 2021

Hi Tim,

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 8:21 PM Tim Carson <motorhommie at gmail.com> wrote:
> PORT:  /dev/cu.usbserial-1420

This indicates that your programming cable has a chip that identifies
itself as being a Prolific type chip. If it is the older PL2303XA /
HXA chip it is no longer supported by drivers supplied by Prolific.

What can be done to get it to work on Catalina and older macOS is to
purchase a 3rd party driver (that is what I did here for my MacBook
running Catalina).
https://www.mac-usb-serial.com/

For Big Sur you will probably have to get a programming cable
manufactured with a different USB-to-Serial chip (FTDI, WCH, Silicon
Labs, etc).