[chirp_users] Problem with Retevis RT98 2M mobile

Ken Hansen
Thu Sep 2 23:06:48 PDT 2021

Adding to my previous note:

I was able to download the Retevis software and read/program my radio, so the comms between laptop & radio should be OK.

When I went to the mfg website snd selected the RT98 Vhf radio, I was told to use the proper software based on my radios serial number. My radio serial # is 1907.... so I used V1.01, there is another version (1.02?) for radios with a higher serial number range.

I suspect CHIRP isn't handling the particular model I have well.

I'm good to program my radio for my needs, but I'm happy to help with testing/debugging if needed to improve support for this radio.

Thanks,

Ken, N2VIP