[chirp_users] IMG file format

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Tue Oct 5 12:20:20 PDT 2021

Of course his question shown a lack of understanding or he wouldn't have needed to ask a question. We can't all be as knowlegable as you.

Although the .img file contains a memory dump from the radio, there must be some commonality between img files or it wouldn't be possible to import an img file into ANY other radios Chirp editor. The memory dump is only a small part og the img file format. Having said that, I'm one of the many that doesn't understand the inner workings of Chirp.