[chirp_users] Support for Yaesu FTM-400XDR?

Joe Pizzi
Sat Nov 27 07:05:09 PST 2021

Looks like that is on sale right now.

Joe Pizzi

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> On Behalf Of VA7OTC John D Erskine via chirp_users
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2021 12:21 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Support for Yaesu FTM-400XDR?

On 2021-11-26 07:39, Kevin Zembower via chirp_users wrote:

snip

> Somewhat related, Yaesu offers this software for free download:
> ADMS-7
> Programming Software at
> https://www.yaesu.com/downloadFile.cfm?FileID=14972&FileCatID=267&FileName=FTM%2D400D%5FADMS%2D7%28DG%2DID%29%5FEXP%5FV1100.zip&FileContentType=application%2Fx%2Dzip%2Dcompressed.

> Any idea if this is a full programming software system, or just used to
> update the firmware of the radio?
>
> Thank you for your help and advice.
>
> -Kevin
> KC3KZ

Hullo Kevin,

The page where you may have found that download link:

https://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=249&encProdID=227201D29C822AEFF8482F3367495319&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

Shows in the link name/description that it is a radio programming
application. To whit,

"ADMS-7 Programming Software with FTM-400XDR/XDE MAIN firmware “Ver.
4.00” or later and FTM-400DR/DE MAIN firmware “Ver. 3.00” or later  (
68.48 MB )"

Seeing the word firmware in the sentence/description should not be too
much of a distraction. It is an explanation that this programming
software is for radios _with_ this version of the firmware (or more
recent, i.e. "later".)

This may be borne out by noting the other downloads on offer. There are
what look like three (geographical) versions of the firmware, and some
explanation about a FW update as well.

Give it a try.

I'd recommend offering a link to a page an application may be found on,
vs a link directly to it. <g>

All the best, John
--
J. D. Erskine