[chirp_users] GT-3TP, suddenly cannot connect to radios, W10 v1903

Ceferino Lamb
Mon May 24 08:17:38 PDT 2021

For months, I've been successfully cloning GT-3TPs for our own use and
UV5Rs for friends.
Suddenly, last week, I can't connect to any radios via CHIRP. I've
installed the most recent CHIRP versions. Today
it's chirp-daily-20210520-installer.exe

I have two known good cloning cables that worked previously. Same results.
I'm using BF-F8HP type as always.  I've tried two different COM ports,
CHIRP sees both.

The first time I tried this morning,  Upload to Radio keyed the trx on the
HT, solid carrier until I turned the HT off. That's a clue to me that
something odd is up.

My next step is to install CHIRP on a different laptop and try there.
Anybody BTDT?

Reno in Texas
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?