[chirp_users] Radio did not respond error

VA7OTC John Erskine
Thu May 13 21:16:03 PDT 2021

On 2021-05-13 20:14, Nigel A. Gunn  G8IFF/W8IFF wrote:
> The Chirp website doesn't say that your radio is supported.
>

>> On 13/05/2021 22:59 Joshua Harper <jdaleharper575 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Greetings,
>>
>> I have a Tidradio TD-F9GP and I am attempting to program channels on
>> the Chirp application on my MacBook Pro. I am running on macOS High
>> Sierra version 10.13.6 and it is giving me the error (Radio did not
>> respond).
>> I am not the most tech savvy and would like some assistance with this
>> issue. Your help would be most appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Joshua Harper

It appears to be an 8 Watt version of a Baofeng UV-5R

https://hamradiomall.com/products/tidradio-td-f9gp-ham-radio-handheld-upgraded-version-of-uv-5r-radio-high-power-2-way-radio-1pack-black

Joshua, have a look at the page for the UV-5R to get started.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/BaofengUV5R

I found reading through the info at https://www.miklor.com to be helpful
when I first worked on my friend's Baofeng UV-5R.

73, John
--
J.D. Erskine
VA7OTC/VE0JD