[chirp_users] Errno 13 on activating radio clone, plus Permission denied.

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Sun May 9 06:42:00 PDT 2021

You need to be a member of the dialout group to access the USB port.

As you've noticed, the /dev/ttyUSB0 device has the group of dialout. All you need to do is add the second user to the dialout group:

sudo adduser second_user dialout

second_user will need to log out & log back in again for this to take effect.