[chirp_users] Fwd: Running CHIRP on a mobile phone

Glenn K0LNY
Tue May 4 08:07:00 PDT 2021

That was my thought.
Android phones can use a micro to standard USB cord, I have plugged desktop keyboards into an Android phone, and thumb drives with one of these cables, but IOS won't allow it.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Hansen
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2021 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Fwd: Running CHIRP on a mobile phone

How will the mobile phone talk to the radio?

Ken, N2VIP

  On May 4, 2021, at 09:50, Valerij T <valerij398 at gmail.com> wrote:

  Hi my friend!

  We use the CHIRP program to work with our radios. This great program can run on Windows, Linux, MAC OS. But I would like to be more mobile and run CHIRP on my phone.

  Imagine how cool it would be!

  I want to start with one radio, Baofeng UV-5R. Because I have it and I can test the application with one.

  New devices will be added according to my ability and ability to test this application.

  I will trust that I will succeed.

  To be honest, I'm not an expert in mobile app development. But I will become one!

  And developing CHIRP for a smartphone would be a good practice that would benefit everyone.

  I would like to write such an application and would appreciate any help with this.

  If you can help me with this development, please contact me by email.

  P.S.

  If the Admin is reading this and wants to make a separate mailing list for this question, I would greatly appreciate it. If this happens, I will post a new link topic. This way we will avoid spam.

  Best regards, Valerij T.