[chirp_users] Motorola CDM

Robert Carlson
Mon Mar 29 12:55:12 PDT 2021

I have programming software for my various amateur radio equipment as well
as specific Motorola software. I was directed here because I need to drop
the frequency range on a cdm1550 by 2 MHz all the top of the bottom. From
what I have read There is a waris.py file somewhere available for download
did enables chirp to work with a Motorola? I am confused on the matter.
I've read the offsets that need to be changed with a hex editor and if
that's all I need to do then I suppose that will work. On the other hand,
I'd love to support chirp financially if it can handle all of my various
pieces of equipment from one piece of software. Or am I misunderstanding
that I still need my RSS software or CPS software?

Thank you in advance.