[chirp_users] WinXP issue

JP Bernier
Tue Mar 23 21:18:09 PDT 2021

Hi,
I have an old (ancient)  Kenwood TM-V7A that I've programmed in the past
with a long-dead WinXP laptop.  The Kenwood had the chronic screen failure
years ago that I had a weird hair to fix, and did with success! Now I want
to update the programming. I found a functioning XP laptop and  I've jumped
through 10k hoops getting my modern Yaesu/ Prolific USB cable to talk to
WInXP, but I got that to work finally (with a deeply buried legacy
driver)... now I'm trying to install CHIRP on on the XP laptop so I can
import my current .csv file and put it on the Kenwood.  I get: "This
application has failed to start because the application configuration is
incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem" (it doesn't).
I think a legacy version (2004'ish?) of CHIRP might be the thing, but I
don't know where to find it on the CHIRP website.

Conversely, I have the ancient Kenwood MCP_V7 software successfully
installed on the XP, but it doesn't seem to import anything at all. Not
sure the point of software that only reads the radio without the ability to
import data to upload, but whatever.  If anyone knows how to get a .csv
file into that it would get the job done just as well.

Cheers,
JP.  KF7QJY

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>