[chirp_users] I get an "unknown file format" when importing

Jim Unroe
Sat Mar 20 11:39:49 PDT 2021

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 1:25 PM Steve Vecchiarelli via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> ’m trying to import a csv file into CHIRP to upload back to my radio.
>

> Steps I’ve taken:
>

> Connected radio to CHIRP and downloaded the memories to CHIRP
> Exported memories to a CSV file
> Added the new frequencies to the CSV file
> Saved CSV and tried to import back to CHIRP bur getting an unknown file format message
>

> What am I missing?
>

> Thanks for any help!
>

> Steve
>
> KF0CPV

How did you edit the CSV file?
What did you change?
Did you compare the new CSV file to the original file CSV file using a
text editor?
Attach both the before and after CSV files to this conversation so
that they can be reviewed.

The most common cause of trouble is...

- The data format of a cell was changed.
- The number of commas required at the end of a data row was changed.