[chirp_users] Download problem

Gerald Stein nv7gs1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 09:28:18 PDT 2021


Mark,

I’ve had the cable for a long time, but never really used it. As best I can recall, it was a cheap cable. I’m inclined to just find a good replacement. Can you recommend a good  source for quality cables?

Thanks. 

Jerry
NV7GS 
+++++
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.

~Unknown

> On Jun 7, 2021, at 05:52, Gerald Stein <nv7gs1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Thanks , I’ll try it. 
> 
> Jerry
> NV7GS 
> +++++
> Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.
> 
> ~Unknown
> 
>> On Jun 7, 2021, at 01:28, Mark Dixon <mdixon at dixemail.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Hi Jerry. 
>> 
>> A common cause for that problem is the cable having insufficient or
>> intermittent contact with the socket on the side of the radio. The
>> plastic around the socket on some radios and/or the plastic around the
>> connector pins on the cable is sometimes a bit to thick or irregular
>> making for a poor connection - try squeezing the cable tightly into the
>> side of the radio and maybe even holding it in while attempting the
>> upload again (being careful not to squeeze PTT at the same time).
>> 
>> Cheers, Mark Dixon
>> 
>> 
>>>> On 7/06/2021 11:01 am, Gerald Stein wrote:
>>> I’m new to Chirp software. The equipment I’m using is a Yaesu FT 60 and a windows 10 laptop. I acquired the cable sometime ago, but haven’t used it until recently. The build I am using is the most recent available. Here’s the problem: I connected the radio to the laptop and uploaded the radio’s contents without problem. I made some changes to the repeaters listed, saved the changes,  and then tried to download them back to the radio. The download started normally, but quickly the following error message appeared: “failed to communicate with radio: radio did not respond.” Any suggestions?
>>> 
>>> Thanks and advance for your efforts.
>>> 
>>> Jerry
>>> NV7GS 
>>> +++++
>>> Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.
>>> 
>>> ~Unknown
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> chirp_users mailing list
>>> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
>>> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
>>> This message was sent to Mark Dixon at mdixon at dixemail.com
>>> To unsubscribe, send an email to chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
>> _______________________________________________
>> chirp_users mailing list
>> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
>> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
>> This message was sent to Jerry Stein at nv7gs1 at gmail.com
>> To unsubscribe, send an email to chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com


More information about the chirp_users mailing list