[chirp_users] Setting offset between Tx & Rx

Jim Unroe
Mon Jun 28 06:50:34 PDT 2021

On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 9:11 AM Robert Withers (KO4PYS) via
chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> In Chirp, how could I set a Rx frequency of 444.525 and a Tx frequency of 449.525?
>
> Kindly,
> Robert
> . .. ... ‘...^,^

It depends on the radio being programmed. If the radio supports
"split" you can directly enter the TX frequency by setting the Duplex
field to "split" and enter the direct TX frequency in the Offset
field.

Frequency: 444.525000
Duplex: split
Offset: 449.525

Then by doing anything the refreshes the spreadsheet style memory
editor (clicking on the [Refresh] button for example), CHIRP will
update the settings to the following.

Frequency: 444.525000
Duplex: +
Offset: 5.000000

You obviously could have just entered the second method directly
(after calculating the "offset" and determining the "shift direction".

See section 6.3 "CHIRP Programming Examples" on the miklor.com
website's CHIRP pages.
https://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php#guides

JIm KC9HI