[chirp_users] Help with new radio

John La
Sun Jun 27 05:41:28 PDT 2021

That message indicates an issue with the driver and cable, not the software.
https://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php

Stay safe and healthy.

John  'Miklor'

K3NXU

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Thomas Williams
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2021 11:44 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Help with new radio

Hi all,

I have an issue with my new UV-5X. (shocking)

The firmware version is P51UV01 and CHIRP will not communicate with the radio.

My COM port is 3, the radio is a baofeng and the model is UV-5X

The CHIRP message is "Rado did not respond"

Tried a bunch of baofeng models and got the same response.

Downloaded the baofeng software and it reads the radio fine.

I can make changes from the keypad of the radio and they show up in the baofeng software when I redownload from the radio.

This also works when I use the software to make changes and write the changes to the radio.

It appears CHIRP doesn't work with this firmware update.

Please correct me if I am wrong, as I am often wrong.

This setup is working for me but I prefer CHIRP.