[chirp_users] Help with new radio

Thomas Williams
Sat Jun 26 20:44:26 PDT 2021

Hi all,
I have an issue with my new UV-5X. (shocking)
The firmware version is P51UV01 and CHIRP will not communicate with the
radio.
My COM port is 3, the radio is a baofeng and the model is UV-5X
The CHIRP message is "Rado did not respond"
Tried a bunch of baofeng models and got the same response.
Downloaded the baofeng software and it reads the radio fine.
I can make changes from the keypad of the radio and they show up in the
baofeng software when I redownload from the radio.
This also works when I use the software to make changes and write the
changes to the radio.
It appears CHIRP doesn't work with this firmware update.
Please correct me if I am wrong, as I am often wrong.
This setup is working for me but I prefer CHIRP.