[chirp_users] " Python-future package" on Mac;

Craig Hayes
Thu Jun 17 18:07:21 PDT 2021

Hello,

I’m having trouble with Chirp on my Mac  ( 10.13 High Sierra but same problem on Mojave ) and my new Anytone AT-778UV VOX.

The radio model is not in the drop down menu. If I launch Chirp from the shell script I get this warning in the terminal;

WARNING: python-future package is not available; chirp.drivers.anytone778uv requires it

I guess this explains why I don’t see the radio entry in the menu.

I tried installing future via pip, everything appeared to work but still no luck.

Anybody encounter this problem? Any hints on where to look for a solution?

Thanks,

Craig