[chirp_users] using chirp for first time.

Chuck Barnett
Sun Jun 6 17:27:08 PDT 2021

Thanks, Kenneth, for your time and help.  Jim's instructions were enough to
get me in.

This is the cable that D.J.J.Ring Jr. advised me to get in place of the
other.  Amazon had it for $22.xx.  Until I looked at the listing more
closely, just now, I had no idea what chip was in it.  Now I see that the
name contains FTDI.

"Once you have the correct driver loaded, plug your cable into a USB port,
in Device Manager,
look under Ports (Comm and LPT) to find which port Windows has assigned to
your cable."

I've looked in Device Manager several times in this process and have never
seen Ports...
This last time, the only one that showed up when I clicked on the Find
Radio or Download from Radio command was COM3, and no error messages.  Then
it started to clone

Thanks, again!

Chuck K7CFB

*Chuck Barnett*