[chirp_users] Serial Port Connections

Jim Unroe
Fri Jul 30 04:59:11 PDT 2021

Hi Gary,

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 7:31 AM Gary Kantor <gary.kantor at optimum.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

>             Is there any way to have Chirp recognize a programming cable on port 8 or higher?
>
> Ports 3-7 are being used by the cellular modem in my laptop and are unavailable to Chirp.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Gary  WA2BAU

Are you talking about CHIRP running under Windows? Unless you are
running a very old version of CHIRP (something like from 2014 and
before), CHIRP fully supports all 256 possible Windows serial ports
from COM1 to COM256. And if I recall, even the very early versions of
CHIRP running under Windows supported COM1 to COM16. If you properly
configure a higher COM port number in Windows, restart CHIRP and it
should be detected.

Jim