[chirp_users] uploading to / downloading from Puxing radio

Dave B
Fri Jul 2 23:50:56 PDT 2021

Note though, that support for the PX-2R is also not working.  Reading
from or writing to the radio, especially writing to the rig, as it will
need a full factory reset afterwards, loosing anything you may have
manually entered into the rig.

See https://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/6389

for details.

Bernhard Hailer did look into it, for which I'm grateful, and reported
that there seems to be a fundamental data value range limit issue
elsewhere in Chirp that causes problems.

"Looks like the number of DCS codes reported by the radio exceeds what
Chirp expects or can handle."

If my Python foo was up to snuff I'd have a go at fixing it myself, but
like other large open source projects, it's not just the individual
specific radio code that one needs to understand to be able to do all
that, and like many I don't have enough of that sort of contiguous time
to spend getting my faded grey cell around it.  :-(

Coding is not the problem, but understanding what others have done
before, and why, is.

73

Dave G0WBX

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software: