[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R MK4

Kramarik at Earthlink.net
Wed Jan 13 09:03:09 PST 2021

When I looked at the details, I realized all of the frequencies I was trying
to copy were DIG mode. Thanks for pointing out that distinction. Is there a
Chirp manual?

Rich Kramarik

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
<chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> On Behalf Of Jim Unroe
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 11:28 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R MK4

Hi Rich,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:08 AM <Kramarik at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Is there a manual I can read to understand the details/nuances for using
Chirp? I am trying to import a few lines of detail from an open tab in chirp
(Repeater list) into a different open tab that is the current IMG file for
my radio. I have tried to copy (Control/C) and paste (CTL/V) and that does
not work. I do not want to import the entire file, because I am only missing
3-4 frequencies. Thanks.

> Rich Kramarik

How does Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V not work? Do you get an error message? Which OS?
Unless features of the tab that the memory row being copied from are
incompatible with the radio based on the tab it is being copied to, it
should work. If it doesn't, you should see an error message.

For example, you can't copy a memory row of a repeater having a Mode that is
something other than FM or NFM into a tab for a UV-5R. Or you can't copy a
memory row from a 1-1/4 meter repeater into a dual-band VHF/UHF radio model.