[chirp_users] Uv5r question

John La
Sun Feb 28 18:51:18 PST 2021

Ken,
Here are a few links that may assist with the UV5R:

www.miklor.com/uv5r/FAQ

Antennas
www.Miklor.com/COM/UV_Antennas.php

UV5R (general)
www.miklor.com/UV5R/

I hope these assist.

Stay safe and healthy.

John   K3NXU

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of ken hartmann
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2021 6:31 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Uv5r question

My buddy and I just purchased baofeng uv5r radios, we have them programmed using chirp, we were trying to hit a repeater in the middle of us, about 23 miles total so maybe 11 miles from each of us. Sometimes he could hear me but I couldn't hear him, then I could hear him and he couldn't hear me, is this an antenna issue ? We are using the rubber duckies that came with them, I also saw a setting for repeaters delay on the settings section, it is set to off, does that need to be changed ? Thankyou ken