[chirp_users] Need help with kenwood th-k2

Jim Unroe
Thu Feb 25 09:44:11 PST 2021

Hi Susan,

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 9:24 AM Susan Muse via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> Hello, I am having trouble using CHIRP with my kenwood th-k2.  When I first try to download from radio I get nothing.  It just sits there.  If I try to download a second time I get an error that access to com port is denied.  I am using a mirkit ftdi cable that has worked well with my boafeng radios and CHIRP.  I have the PC setting on the th-k2 set to "on".  What am I missing?
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Susan WB5JFL

First I would double check to make sure you are choosing the correct
COM port. Second I would make sure the 2-pin plug of the programming
is fully inserted into the socket of the radio.