[chirp_users] Recommended radio for adding to chirp

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Mon Feb 22 02:49:19 PST 2021

Eric and Discussion of CHIRP,

For those who have vision problems including blindness, I heartily
recommend SLINT based on Slackware. SLINT stands for SLackware
INTernational and it supports many languages and it is the most accessible
distribution I know of.  There are several speech systems supported, and
IBM Text to Speech - VOXIN - is supported even though VOXIN must be
purchased for $5.00 per language from oralux.org a non-profit group.

CHIRP and other ham radio programs are available for SLINT.  I'm using
SLINT right now.

73
DR
N1EA