[chirp_users] uploading radioreference csv to btech uv-5x3

Jim Unroe
Tue Feb 16 12:19:36 PST 2021

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 2:50 PM eMyListsDDg <emylistsddg at gmail.com> wrote:

> installed the latest chirp today on windows.
>
> i  wanted  to  update the radio freq's for my area and downloaded them
> from radioreference.com.
>
> i'm  able  to  download  the  old freq's from the radio. but upload to
> radio   is   grayed   out.   i   tried   import   from   data  source,
> radioreference.com  also  but  i can't seem to get that into the radio
> either.
>
> granted it's been awhile since i've done this...what am i missing?

You cannot directly upload a CSV file into any radio. That is why
"Upload To Radio" is greyed out. You must either open two tabs, one
from the radio and one from the CSV file so you can copy-and-paste
between the tabs or you must download from the radio and import the
CSV file into the tab from the radio.