[chirp_users] PLEASE cut the rest of the, messages off (Was Re: chirp_users Digest, Vol 146, Issue 5)

Dave B
Fri Feb 5 12:45:25 PST 2021

Hi.

In their defence, if the person concerned is using a phone or similar
mobile device, their email clients editing facilities are "painful" in
the extreme, even if they let you see what is left attached to what you
are sending in reply, it is often difficult to impossible to edit or
trim it.

Even if it can be done, it is less than easy on a small mobile screen..

Some mailing lists, automatically limit the amount of included text, I
don't know of this system has that facility.  (But then sometimes you
loose the message that is being replied to.)

But yes, this (and the Elecraft list in particular) often suffers such
issues with the digest mode.

73.

Dave G8KBV.

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software: