[chirp_users] Using CHIRP to programme Entel HX470 radios

chrisgarlandhome at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 03:11:29 PST 2021

Hi,

I've got some old Entel HX470 radios that are in perfect condition and seem
to work well, so I want to program them (from whatever they were programmed
to by the last user) to PMR446 frequencies.

The problems I have are;

1.	they are so old that Entel don't hold any records of them (e.g. user
manuals) (production ceased 15-20 years ago according to Entel)
2.	the ENTEL programming software doesn't include them (HX470)
3.	CHIRP doesn't include Entel radios at all.

Help!

If you've got any ideas, I'm all ears as it seems a shame to bin them just
because they can't be programmed at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Chris