[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest, Vol 152, Issue 6

Robert Bruner rwbruner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 06:48:11 PDT 2021


Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately, the images did not come through (see below), but I did poke
around in the Device Manager, but did not find anything resembling the
programming cable listed anywhere. The only device listed for COM ports is
SQL.  Should I see the cable listed?

Note: COM3 is the only choice presented for the CHIRP clone import process.

Newbie Notes:
- I managed to find the MIME / Plain Text flag in the User Settings, and
updated it, so images should work now. (please resend)
- I changed to receive grouped list (not sure what's protocol for replies)

[image: image.png]

/===========================================================/

Make sure you have selected the correct port. My programming cable is
assigned COM3 but my computer has an internal serial port with nothing
connected to it that is assigned COM1. If I accidentally choose COM1, I get
the same error.

[image: Radio_did_not_respond.png]

Use Device Manager to determine which COM port number is assigned to the
programming cable. Mine has been assigned COM3.

[image: 2021-01-28 08_20_23-Device Manager.png]

/===========================================================/

Thanks!

Bob
Robert Bruner


On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 2:02 PM <chirp_users-request at intrepid.danplanet.com>
wrote:

> Send chirp_users mailing list submissions to
>         chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         chirp_users-request at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         chirp_users-owner at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of chirp_users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Unable to download from Baofeng BF-F8HP radio (Robert Bruner)
>    2. Re: Unable to download from Baofeng BF-F8HP radio (Jim Unroe)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 11:31:33 -0500
> From: Robert Bruner <rwbruner at gmail.com>
> Subject: [chirp_users] Unable to download from Baofeng BF-F8HP radio
> To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CAGg8pOFNVQHFkk_AgVWVzviODEE1qcNap5rfjBDQOm_wnjbkrQ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> First time radio owner, just getting started.
>
> Unable to download/clone from the radio to laptop.  Programming cable
> flashes red & green 3 times when plugging in.  Upon Request download there
> is a brief wait, then the error message is thrown.
>
> *Error message*
> "An error has occurred. Radio did not respond".
> (debug.log file attached)
>
> *Equipment*
> Baofeng BF-F8HP radio
> BTECH FTDI cable
> CHIRP daily 20210724
> Windows 10, current with updates
>
> *Activities to-date:*
> Attempted to "Download from Radio" on two different laptops, same result
> Followed steps (message prompt) from CHIRP app
> Followed printed steps with the FTDI cable, including installing latest
> FTDI driver
> Searched Wiki links
> Searched Open/Closed support calls. (closest issue I could find is Bug
> 9187)
> Joined the chirp support and subscribed to the mailing list
>
> Suggestions for next steps would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bob
> Robert Bruner
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20210813/e9cc46fd/attachment-0001.html
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: debug.log
> Type: application/octet-stream
> Size: 29982 bytes
> Desc: not available
> Url :
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20210813/e9cc46fd/attachment-0001.obj
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 12:52:22 -0400
> From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Unable to download from Baofeng BF-F8HP
>         radio
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID:
>         <CADnO8U5-Bpn6=
> 9UcusoT9K7kagbirV--p29Rxs260mk-FzLgCQ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 12:33 PM Robert Bruner <rwbruner at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > First time radio owner, just getting started.
> >
> > Unable to download/clone from the radio to laptop.  Programming cable
> flashes red & green 3 times when plugging in.  Upon Request download there
> is a brief wait, then the error message is thrown.
> >
> > Error message
> > "An error has occurred. Radio did not respond".
> > (debug.log file attached)
> >
> > Equipment
> > Baofeng BF-F8HP radio
> > BTECH FTDI cable
> > CHIRP daily 20210724
> > Windows 10, current with updates
> >
> > Activities to-date:
> > Attempted to "Download from Radio" on two different laptops, same result
> > Followed steps (message prompt) from CHIRP app
> > Followed printed steps with the FTDI cable, including installing latest
> FTDI driver
> > Searched Wiki links
> > Searched Open/Closed support calls. (closest issue I could find is Bug
> 9187)
> > Joined the chirp support and subscribed to the mailing list
> >
> > Suggestions for next steps would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Bob
> > Robert Bruner
>
> Make sure you have the 2-pin plug of the programming cable fully plugged
> into the socket of the radio. If you fully unplug the programming cable
> from the radio (no connection at all) and attempt a download, the result
> will be the same error.
>
> [image: Radio_did_not_respond.png]
>
> Make sure you have selected the correct port. My programming cable is
> assigned COM3 but my computer has an internal serial port with nothing
> connected to it that is assigned COM1. If I accidentally choose COM1, I get
> the same error.
>
> [image: Radio_did_not_respond.png]
>
> Use Device Manager to determine which COM port number is assigned to the
> programming cable. Mine has been assigned COM3.
>
> [image: 2021-01-28 08_20_23-Device Manager.png]
>
> No programming software can work until there is a complete and working
> connection between the radio and computer.
>
> Jim KC9HI
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20210813/1a5ee494/attachment-0001.html
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: 2021-01-28 08_20_23-Device Manager.png
> Type: image/png
> Size: 32791 bytes
> Desc: not available
> Url :
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20210813/1a5ee494/attachment-0003.png
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: Radio_did_not_respond.png
> Type: image/png
> Size: 5178 bytes
> Desc: not available
> Url :
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20210813/1a5ee494/attachment-0004.png
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: Radio_did_not_respond.png
> Type: image/png
> Size: 5178 bytes
> Desc: not available
> Url :
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20210813/1a5ee494/attachment-0005.png
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> To unsubscribe, send an email to
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
> End of chirp_users Digest, Vol 152, Issue 6
> *******************************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20210814/73faeb0e/attachment.html 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image.png
Type: image/png
Size: 25745 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20210814/73faeb0e/attachment.png 


More information about the chirp_users mailing list