[chirp_users] win 10 install

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Wed Aug 25 11:03:47 PDT 2021

Don,

There is NO registration!

Read the instructions! You have to download from the radio first before you
do anything. Save that img file as insurance so you can go back to it.

Once you have downloaded from the radio, THEN you can edit memories or use
one of the menu items to query a data base for repeater frequencies.

Save the file, I recommend the format year month day hyphen radio model dot
ing.

20120825-ft897d.img

You can also export to spreadsheet (use openoffice or libreoffice as
Microsoft Spreadsheet program introduces errors. Save this and use it to
import into another radio's img file.  CAUTION: Chinese radios with the
same model number often have incompatable firmware versions so you can't
just use another radio's img file with a radio of the same model.

Best wishes,

David