[chirp_users] win 10 install

Jim Unroe
Wed Aug 25 10:18:29 PDT 2021

Hi Don,

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 12:24 PM Donald Henderickx <wa9ylp at centurylink.net>
wrote:

> Hello: I am using win 10>
>
> I have loaded the chirp program and have registered and I am able to log
> in. Then nothing happens. I find the radio I want to program but unable
> to select any thing. nothing is highlighted. I have no drop down menu's
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Don Henderickx
>
> WA9JJU

I recommend, to properly install CHIRP, that Windows 10 (or actually any
version of Windows) users right-click the CHIRP installer file and choose
"Run as administrator" to launch the installer (even if the current user is
an Administrator). Once properly installed CHIRP will launch and look like
this.

[image: 2021-08-25 13_06_29-CHIRP.png]

Then the first thing you will want to do is use the Radio -> Download
dialog to read the data from your radio into CHIRP to create a tab that is
compatible with your radio.

[image: 2021-08-25 13_13_12-CHIRP.png]

To get any more specific help, you will have to provide better details
(error messages, debug.log file, screen captures etc.).