[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Build System
Wed Aug 25 00:03:56 PDT 2021

Greetings,

A new daily build of CHIRP is available.  This includes changes made
directly to the tree yesterday, and may include additional features,
bug fixes, and/or bugs.  If you are interested in trying it, grab it
from the following location:

  http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20210825

A list of the changes included in this build (since the last daily)
follows:

Changes for Build #659
[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Fix th9000 driver old-style detection

The th9000 driver implements old-style detection, but can not
differentiate between new subclass models. Those should be using
metadata-base detection anyway, so make the old detection routine
not detect the new models.

Related to #6269

[Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>] [RT9000D] Add support for Retevis RT9000D mobile radios

This patch provides initial support support (same as current TYT TH-9000
and Luiton LT-850 support) for the Retevis RT9000D mobile radio models.

RT9000D 136-174
RT9000D 220-260
RT9000D 400-490
RT9000D 66-88

[Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>] [LT-580] Driver Maintenance: th9000.py

This patch adds a "class" for each of the supported Luiton LT-580 models and
removes their "alias" support.

Notes regarding previously saved CHIRP Radio Image (*.img) files:
1. Pre metadata image files will still be recognized because they were
   always saved as TYT TH-9000 images and identified as such when loaded.
2. Post metadata image files will still be recognized because the metadata
   will be the same.

Preperaton for #6269

[Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>] Driver Maintenance: th9000.py

The th9000.py driver currently only supports the chirp_common valid tuning
steps. This patch updates the valid tunings steps to match those of the
supported radio models.

Preperaton for #6269

[Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>] Driver Maintenance: th9000.py

1. Add to PEP8 manifest
2. Perform PEP8 cleanup

Preperaton for #6269

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Merge branch 'master' of github.com:kk7ds/chirp

[Dan Smith <3046399+kk7ds at users.noreply.github.com>] Merge pull request #3 from kd7lxl/test

run tests in github actions

[Tom Hayward <tom at tomh.us>] use tox

[Tom Hayward <tom at tomh.us>] run tests in github actions

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Remove generic_xml driver

This never really caught on, nor got the attention or maintenance it really needed.
I dunno if it even works in py2 for much anymore, but I don't think converting it
to py3 makes any sense.

(cherry picked from commit 89c85eeeb4b3eac8de0a785bda21fe9fa1ed41e2)

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Be defensive about tests that fail to load

The test adapter will fail to load tests if any of them crash on init,
which makes it hard to debug. This adds some output if that happens
and also works around a failure to run get_sub_devices() with no
memobj for those naive drivers that don't do the right thing.

[Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>] Make gtk-dependent unit tests skip if missing

If GTK isn't available in our environment, these tests should skip
instead of fail.

[Dan Smith <3046399+kk7ds at users.noreply.github.com>] Merge pull request #2 from kd7lxl/contrib

add CONTRIBUTING.md

[Tom Hayward <tom at tomh.us>] add CONTRIBUTING.md