[chirp_users] Downloading & Updating CHIRP

Jim Unroe
Fri Aug 20 15:21:00 PDT 2021

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 3:38 PM Milton via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> Gent's...
> I'm old, and enjoying my "Golden Years", so I only ask that you be gentle with your replies.
> When I go to use CHIRP on my UV-5R A3, Tri-bander, I get a pop-up advising that Windows is blocking the "unsafe" download. I don't get a choice to download it anyway.
> We all know that there's nothing wrong with the download.
> What's the work-around for this?
> Thanks in advance.
> Milt.
> N6MG

You should only get this message when you are installing/upgrading
CHIRP. Once you've got CHIRP installed, it should just launch and be
ready to use. It sounds to me like you are executing the CHIRP
installer expecting it to run CHIRP. Once CHIRP is installed, there
should be a CHIRP shortcut in your start menu and/or on your desktop
that you would use to run CHIRP. Then once you have CHIRP open, you
would use Vendor: Radio / Model: UV-5RX3 to program your radio.