[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest, Vol 152, Issue 6

Robert Bruner
Sat Aug 14 10:42:15 PDT 2021

Ken,

Resolved.  You are correct on both counts, only COM3 was offered, and this
is a corporate laptop.

Not following best practices for testing (I implement erp software for
global company for a living, so know better), I changed three things at the
same time:
- right-click reinstall driver for COM6 in Device Manager
- downloaded the ftdichip.com driver and reinstalled (I had done this
previously, but see now I had not done it correctly)
- upgraded to CHIRP 20210814

COM6 is now offered by CHIRP, and works as expected.  Thank you for the
pointers!

Cheers,

Bob
Robert Bruner