[chirp_users] no drivers found for UV-S9 programming cable

Jim Unroe
Wed Apr 14 17:36:08 PDT 2021

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 8:26 PM <bob at tyroneflats.com> wrote:

> Bought a new UV-S9 which did not include a cable. The promised software was not included however there was a link in the user’s manual (http://www.abree.com/downloads) which takes you to a “Buy This Domain” site.
>

> I bought a cable from Amazon, a “Tenway Baofeng USB Programming Cable Win 7/10, 64Bit for Baofeng Radio UV-5R, BF-888S, H-777 with Driver CD” but Win 10 (64 bit) cannot find any drivers. Cable shows up in Device Manager as “Other Devices / USB Serial” with no COM port assignment identified and properties says “There are no compatible drivers for this device”.
>

> Anyone else encounter anything like this or can you offer insights into how to get this radio programmed?
>

> Thank you all very much!
>

> Bob
>
> N0zfv

It most likely either has a Prolific USB-to-Serial chip which will
require that you download, install and select the older Prolific
v3.2.0.0 device driver or a WCH driver which, since it didn't get
automatically installed by Windows, means that you need to download
and install the CH340 device driver.

The miklor.com website has links to the most common chip vendors
(FTDI, Prolific, Silicon Labs and WCH) Windows drivers and
instructions for selecting the Prolific v3.2.0.0 driver if that one is
needed.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php