[chirp_users] Help wanted connecting to/programming the Icomws32 handy talkie

KB3DNZ
Fri Sep 18 11:23:34 PDT 2020

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, the radio is a ws32a, and I see the chirp
list of radios includes this model. Unfortunately the radio won't connect.
The manual describes a handheld-to-handheld cloning process (Sec 10, p38)
but not one for editing radio contents. On p43, Sec 14, "Options" are the
part numbers cs-w32 and opc-478 (software & cable) but no other info. I'm
stumped.

  _____

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of al jones
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 11:39 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Help wanted connecting to/programming the
Icomws32 handy talkie

Like Nigel, I went to Google and it knows nothing about an ICOM WS32.  I'd
have at least expected to see a typo or two out there but there's NOTHING!

Two possible suggestions:

1.	Look real close at the radio and make sure you're really reading the
model correctly.

2.	Try and read the radio as a W32a ( or possibly a W32e )  One of the
frustrating thing about Chirp and Manufacturers is that two 'models' of
radio are so similar that they're referred to as the same device.

Let us know what you find .

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>  for Windows
10