[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5Plus

Jim Unroe
Tue Sep 8 07:17:28 PDT 2020

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 8:55 AM Vic Parrott via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> Uploaded from radio how do I add manually extra channels.  The screen is frozen?
>
> Vic. G4SKK

It is hard to understand what you mean. You don't "upload from radio".
You either "download from radio to computer" or "upload from computer
to radio".

More details like which operating system your computer uses, which
chip is in your programming cable and which version of CHIRP you are
using.

Attaching a debug.log might also be useful for diagnosing the problem.
This page explains how to locate the debug.log file for the various
CHIRP supported operating systems.
https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues

Also a common cause of lockups in Windows 10 is a corrupt chirp.config
file. You can delete or rename the chirp.config file and the next time
CHIRP is launched a new chirp.config file will be created. Another way
to get a new chirp.config file in Windows is to uninstall CHIRP using
the Add/Remove Programs application and then install CHIRP again.