[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5r with Chirp

Robert Barker
Mon Sep 7 15:41:17 PDT 2020

I'm a new user so don't kill me.  I just got a Baofeng UV5-R and have a
few questions about Chirp.    On the settings tab on the left it has
6+Power-On Message 1 and 6+Power-On Message 2   and then it has
Power-On Message 1 and Power-On Message 2  and then it has Power-On
Message  choice of full or message.      What is what?  Which is the
message i see when I power on and what is the other one and what's the
difference between Full or Message?    I wanted to put an   IF Found and
my phone number in there but i guess it only allows 7 digits is that right?

I'm programming this like a scanner so i'm most interested in Scanning.
I'm still confused about the 2 frequencies on the display.  if I'm
scanning and then freq below has activity, they radio doesn't receive
it.. so it's like why is it even there? Maybe i'm doing it wrong.