[chirp_users] Baofeng uv-9 plus cable

Jim Unroe
Sun Sep 6 18:46:10 PDT 2020

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 9:24 PM Jeremiah Williams via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a cable that actually works with the Baofeng uv-9 plus on chirp?
>
> Jeremiah W.

Jeremiah,

The programming cable that I use with my Retevis RT6 (same connection)
was packed with the radio. So I would imagine it is a Retevis
programming cable. It is manufactured with the counterfeit Prolific
chip so, as usual, I have to downgrade the driver installed by Windows
to the older Prolific v3.2.0.0 device driver before it will work.

Here is an ebay listing for one like it. It ships from China so expect
it to take a few weeks to be delivered.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Retevis-Original-Programming-Cable-For-RETEVIS-RT6-Walkie-Talkie-Radios-90cm/272644308516