[chirp_users] Copy chanels

John La
Wed Oct 28 13:01:05 PDT 2020

. Their ad on AliExpress is a bit confusing. They refer to it as a:

Baofeng BF-V8 Two Way Ham Mini Radio Handheld uhf Radios High Power Dual Band hf Transceiver.

My best guess is it's a BF888S 16 channel UHF.

Try doing a 'Download from Radio' using the BF888S selection.

If it downloads okay, you should be able to upload as well.

If not, it's possible a request hasn't been submitted. Here's the request process.

________________

The official CHIRP website is:

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

Here's the procedure for requesting a new radio...

If you would like to open a request, you would need to

- Go to the CHIRP website. (link above)

- Register to the website (upper right corner)

- Select the Issues Tab and verify that the request for the new radio hasn't already been submitted.

- If it's not found, select the New Issue tab and submit your request.

- Check back periodically to review the status of your request.

At that time a volunteer interested in taking on the project will respond to the request.

In most cases, a loaner radio is required so it can be backward engineered.

www.Miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php

Stay safe and healthy.

John   K3NXU