[chirp_users] Error 5

Jim Unroe
Fri Oct 23 15:13:08 PDT 2020

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 4:25 PM Chris Hastie <c.hastiessho at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I went to my device manager it gave me a com3 comport. When I click on the read from radio, it gives me the information of comport 3. I then push monitor and push transmit 3 times. after a few seconds I get the error 5 notice. I have a Baofeng GT-3TP. What am I doing wrong?

Why do you "push monitor" and "push transmit"? The cloning process
should occur without doing anything at the radio.

The most common problem is using a programming cable with a
counterfeit Prolific chip with Windows. If the chip is Prolific (check
Device Manager) and you are using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10, you must
download, install and select an older Prolific v3.2.0.0 device driver
before you programming cable will work properly.

Check this page for a link to the driver and instructions for
selecting it after it is installed. Only install this driver if
Windows recognizes the chip in your cable as a Prolific type chip.
http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php